Weight Vest Training Top 5 Tips
Adding to your bodyweight gets more out of your workout
Push up with weight vestWeight vest training is on the rise. The concept is simple: increasing your body weight 10-15% will help you reach whatever goals you’ve set for yourself quicker. Weight vest training gives you the ability to see increases in strength, performance, and endurance as well as burn more calories and that is just the beginning of the list. There are many ways to incorporate a weighted vest into your workouts.
Here are our top 5 weight vest training tips:
- BODYWEIGHT TRAINING – Take a day without touching the weight rack or maybe even from stepping in the gym. Instead easily zip up the Hyper Vest PRO weight vest. The vest holds ¼ inch thick high-density steel weights that allow you to bring it about anywhere and wear it under a shirt if desired. Just by adding the resistance (the weights can be removed easily depending on how tough you want your workout to be) a simple workout of squats, push-ups, pull-ups, lunges just got amplified.
- SPORTS TRAINING – As an athlete it is important to move easily in every direction with full range of motion. The Hyper Vest PRO fits snugly around the core with no restrictions even through your multi-planer moves. As an athlete you can complete speed & agility drills with ease and without overloading your muscles & bones, hands down a great way to improve performance.
- RUNNING ENDURANCE – Weight vest training to improve endurance is a no brainer, your time on any race will improve and your most challenging walk will feel like a hill. Hill repeats with a weight vest is a great way to prepare for a hilly marathon. Providing a compression fabric that hugs the chest allowing for proper breathing the Hyper Vest PRO doesn’t jump up and down on your joints and don’t worry, the wicking fabric odor resistant and has open panels on the sides for ventilation.
- STABILITY TRAINING – This is a type of training that should be in everyone’s program as it improves communication between your brain and your muscles, now add the weight vest and you’ll see how great your balance really can be. During stability training your body has to work hard to balance – burning more calories. Some examples of stability work are as simple as standing on one leg, single-leg squats, single-leg deadlifts and can get as complex as single-leg jumps.
- EXPLOSIVE TRAINING – One of the best ways to see for yourself how beneficial the Hyper Vest PRO can really be is to do squat jumps let’s say 10 with the vest on, then take it off and do the same. The easy zipper on/off design allows you to stay fluent through your workout. With the added weight of your choice you can improve your explosive movements in any direction and of course burn extra calories in the process.
Spartan Pro Team Matt Novakovich________________________________________________________________________________ Author: Sarah Harris, Personal Trainer. Sarah is a Certified Personal Trainer and Certified Sports Nutritionist passionate about working with clients and athletes to reach their optimum healthy lifestyle. She is a health and fitness enthusiast who loves inspiring others to improve their everyday living through proper workouts and nutrition. Her specialties are strength training, athletic conditioning, weight loss and corrective exercise. She believes that taking care of your overall health is the key to a happy and enjoyable life. Sarah currently plays for the Santa Monica Women's Rugby Club, practices yoga, loves lifting weights, hiking and exploring new healthy recipes in the kitchen.